CYCLING PERFORMANCE TIPS
Last updated: xxxxx
Pasta has been the mainstay of bicycling fuel for years. It contains 23
grams of carbohydrate per 1/2 cup serving, 99 Calories, and 1.5 grams of
fiber and minimal fat (unless you are using egg noodles).
However the toppings can offset the healthful benefits implied by the above.
Here are a few tips:
Which are lowest in fat??
- Don't assume that because it's a tomato sauce it's low in fat. Some have
between 40 and 45 % of their Calories from fat ( check the labels to be sure).
- If you want vegetables, add them yourself - even though the label says
it's a vegetable sauce, they are not there in any large, readily recognizable
- Refrigerated doesn't mean healthier. In fact the Alfredo type sauces
and pestos are kept there and contain milk and oils, often having the highest
fat content of any of the commercial pasta sauces (some of the Alfredo and
pesto sauces have over 90m % of their Calories from fat !!)
- Campbell's Healthy Request - 0 fat Calories
- Healthy Choice - 0 fat Calories
- Hunt's light - 0 fat Calories
Questions on content or
suggestions to improve this page are
Cycling Performance Tips
Table of Contents