CYCLING PERFORMANCE TIPS
Last updated: 1/2/2010
STORE BOUGHT SNACKS
Occasionally you are caught out on the bike and the munchies or the Bonk hits. There are a lot of enticing items at the 7-11, but you want to pick something that is relatively low in fat and high in carbohydrates to give that quick energy boost. Here are some thoughts.
- Fruit Flavored Yogurt
- Pick the low fat variety.
- 1 cup = 250 Cal, 45 gram carbo, 10 grams protein, and 2.5 grams fat
- Fig bars
- The old standby.
- Virtually no fat and 2 bars = 140 Calories and 32 grams of carbo
- Almost 100% carbo
- 1 banana = 100 Cal, an apple = 80 Cal, an orange = 60 Cal
- Corn nuts
- Helps that salt craving
- 2 ounces = 130 Cal, 20 grams of carbo, but 4 grams (28%) of fat
- Marshmallow Munchies
- A typical 2 ounce bar = 220 Cal and 43 grams carbo. 4.5 gram (18%) fat,
- Milky Way Lite bar
- 1.5 ounce bar = 160 Cal, 33 grams of carbo and 5 grams (28%) fat, but that's about half of the most candy bars.
Questions on content or
suggestions to improve this page are
Cycling Performance Tips
Table of Contents