CPTIPS Nutritional Program
Commute or Social Ride
This ride is done at a comfortable pace of 50-60% VO2 max. for 1 to 2 hours daily. The goal is to have a comfortable ride with energy left for the remainder of the day.
- 4 days pre ride - a balanced diet with 60-70% of daily Caloric needs from carbohydrates.
- 4 hours pre ride - eat a high carbohydrate breakfast 30 to 45 minutes before the ride.
- 4 minutes prior/during the ride - on the bike snacking is optional for a ride of 2 hours or less.
- 4 hours post ride - a mid morning snack might be a good idea but is not essential. A good balanced diet will replace the glycogen used during the ride.
- fluids - one water bottle per hour, perhaps a bit more in hot weather
CPTIPS Nutritional Program Homepage
Questions on content or
suggestions to improve this page are
Cycling Performance Tips
Table of Contents