CYCLING PERFORMANCE TIPS
Infectious Agents - Traveler's Diarrhea
Etiologic agents for traveler's diarrhea:
- enterotoxigenic E. Coli > 50% of cases
- Shigella - up to 15% of cases
- Salmonella - up to 15% of cases
- Other bacteria - Campylobacter, Aeromonas, Vibrio, etc.
- Viruses - < 10%, rotavirus, Norwalk agent, enteroviruses
- Parasites (uncommon) - Giardia, Amoeba, Crytosporidium
Questions on content or suggestions to improve this page are appreciated.
Cycling Performance Tips
Home | Table of Contents | Local Services/Information